Mel’s Mushroom Lemon Butter Baked Chicken
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 45 min.
Total Time: 1 hr 5min
1lbs of chicken ( I prefer thighs)
2 cups of heavy cream
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of mushrooms
2 cups of spinach (whole leaves)
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
1 cup of Parmesan
2 tbsp of butter
1 tsp of minced garlic
2 tsp of meat tenderizer
1 tbsp of garlic salt
1 tsp of paprika
2 tbsp of creole seasoning
1 tsp of black pepper
1/2 cup of flour
- Start off by cleaning your chicken thighs (i use fresh lime to clean them), then pat dry once complete.
- In a separate bowl, add in your flour, and all dry seasonings: garlic salt, paprika, creole seasoning, and black pepper. Mix well together.
- Take the chicken thighs and season them with the meat tenderizer before dipping it in the bowl of your mixture.
- In a cast iron skillet, (use a non-stick pan if you don’t have a cast iron) and add the butter to the pan. Once melted add your minced garlic and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Slice your lemons.
- Start by adding your chicken thighs, depending on the size of your pan, about 4-5 pieces can fit at once.
- Allow the chicken to sear on both sides till you see brown on the surface.
- Pour in the heavy cream and allow to simmer, then add in your mushrooms and spinach.
- Gradually add in the spinach so that it does not overflow. Once the spinach shrink, add in both cheeses, and mix around the pan.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Once the cheese is melted and mixed in, turn off the stove and pour in the chicken broth.
- Lastly, place your skillet in the oven for about 30 minutes to allow the chicken to cook some more. Be sure to occasionally flip the chicken if need be.
- Once done serve over mashed potatoes or linguine noodles! Enjoy.